Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Great Weekend

Well the celebrations are over and now it's back to the norm. Whatever that is as of late. *grin* I've got a few things to share. This first one is of the favors that I (along with my mom and sis)made for Brooke's party. The candies inside are turtle shaped chocolate. The toppers were made using some cardstock and a stamp set sent to me by some very generous demos. These came together so great and looked so cute.

These are Hershey nuggets covered with some Martha Stewart DP. I know gasp!!!! I normally wouldn't stray from SU, but spied this paper while getting other supplies at Wally World and since it was pink and green..............it worked. No beating me with a wet noodle or turning me into SU! LOL You all know I'm pretty much a SU purest.

Isn't this just the cutest thing you've ever seen? I know you're probably tired of me going on about my baby girl, but this was not only a big time in her life, but mine as well. And for you moms on there who have gone through this you know what I mean. She absolutely loved her turtle cake.


This is the Wall of Fame as we call it. My goal from the time the girls were born was to have 10 x 13 portraits of every year of their lives. So starting with 3 months, 6 months and then every year I have these portraits ending with their senior year. My dad made the frame and easel that they are on and he can now take it apart and use the wood for another project. It really would be too big to keep up in the house or would it? LOL We've now loaned it to some good friends of ours who will use it next week. Hey maybe my dad should start a rental service. LOL And yes these will go back into the scrapbook and the senior portrait will be put up on the wall when we are able to move back home.

This last pic is of our family. Starting with the back row: BIL Luke, my dad Mike, Uncle Brian and DD Lindsay. Middle row: Sis Carin, Aunt Rose Ann, sis Michele, me, and my DH Frank. Front row: the guest of honor Brooke and my mom Sandy.
I was so happy to have my aunt and uncle here from California to celebrate this special time with us. Can't wait to start scrapbooking.
Hope you all are having a great day!
Hugs!
Renee

1 comment:

Kim said...

What an excellent way to celebrate growing up. Everyone looks to have had a good time.

You'll have that scrapbook done in no time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails