Thursday, June 8, 2017

OSAT Blog Hop – All About Men

Well it looks like June jumped up on us quickly.  It's June 8 already, can you believe it?  I want the summer to go super slow. I want to soak in every minute of it.  The beginning of June always means the start of birthday season for our family.  We start with our oldest daughter's on June 2, and then birthdays run through July for all, but a couple of us.  Frank's birthday was yesterday and my projects for this month's hop are right up his ally.  Our wonderful Wood Textures DSP is going to get a workout in our family.  Frank cuts lots of wood year round that heats our home, our hot water and even our swimming pool.  He loves to cut wood so it's all good.  My daddy is a wood crafter and my one BIL is in the process of building them new cupboards and a new kitchen so as you can imagine this paper will be nice for those masculine cards. 


I will admit that when I saw the hop title for the month I wasn't too excited.  I'm not the best at masculine cards.  I like to add embellishments, ribbon, glitter and those things are not really "manly" so I wasn't sure what I'd do.  The only manly stamp sets I have just retired and I haven't bought anything to replace them so I turned to the Wood Textures DSP and I think it fit the bill.

This card is pretty simple, but that's what I think manly cards should be.  They usually don't want all the fluff and lets face it they are  usually hoping for money inside or a gift certificate.  The black squares are 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" and the DSP is 2-1/2" x 2-1/2".  To still use some bling I used the White Perfect Accents and colored them black with a Sharpie marker. I then wrapped some linen thread around the top square.  The Happy Birthday is popped up with Dimensionals. 

Then what to do for a 3D project???  I know,  I haven't used the Gift Bag Punch board in awhile so I turned to that.  I used a sheet of Basic Black cardstock cut 4-1/4" x 10 and scored on the small lines per the directions.  I put my bag together with Fast Fuse and then added pieces of the Wood DSP to the front and back.  I added Copper Metallic Thread behind the words that are popped up with Dimensionals.  I used a 3" x 6" Gusseted Cello Bag and filled with caramels and tied it off using the 5/8" burlap ribbon that I cut in two down the middle.  Once it was tied I fringed out the threads.  I think this will make a great gift ensemble for anyone of the men in our family.


Please follow along to the next blog hosted by the wonderfully talented Jeanna Bohanon.  I'm sure she will have something to amaze us.



OSAT Bloggers
Melissa Davies
Jennifer Hill
Claudia Perry
Kelly Acheson
Lori Mueller
Pam Staples
Maria Willis
Sue Plote
Renee Ondrajka YOU ARE HERE!
Jeanna Bohanon -
Rick D. Adkins
Marisa Gunn
Dena Rekow
Jessie Holton
Justin Krieger
Andrea Tracy-Tucker
Product List

3 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Love the simplicity of these projects! That designer paper makes it so easy to create profects with a masculine feel!

Jessie Holton said...

Love your layering & isn't the Wood DSP just devine!

Carin said...

Nice! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails