Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop June 2020

Welcome to the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop!!!  It's been quite some time since I've hopped with this amazing group and I'm so happy to be back with you all today.  I recently went shopping at a local store this is unfortunately closing its doors after barely getting a chance to get going in our area.  The name of the store is Gordman's.  It may just be a Michigan store, I'm not sure, but that have many great items and they are now on sale.  While there I found this adorable little 3D picture frame.  I like using glass in my frames because it keeps my projects nicer, but when using embellishments it really doesn't make it very easy to do so.  So when I found this one I knew I had to have it because it allows that extra room by having two pieces of glass in it.



I wanted to put something in the frame that means a lot to me.  Within the last couple of years I found out some info about elephants that I find so fascinating. Momma elephants and their babies never forget about each other no matter how old either one of them gets or even if they are separated for some reason they still know each other upon reuniting. That just touches this momma's heart.  I have two daughters and they mean the world to me and one of them actually gave me an elephant charm that looks real similar to this stamped image.  That's why I chose this set to use for this months project.



I stamped the elephants from the set Wildly Happy in Memento Black Ink and colored the images in with light and dark Smoky Slate Blend pens.  I stamped the words from Lovely You in Night of Navy ink.  I layered that Whisper White piece on a just slightly larger piece of Night of Navy cardstock.  I used Dimensioals to adhere it to a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I stamped with the Very Versailles leaf image and Old Olive ink.  I layered that onto a Night of Navy DSP.  It's barely noticable, but you can see it better in person.  To finish it off I added leaf embellishments from the In Good Taste Elements and also some Elegant Faceted Gems that I colored with the Dark Old Olive Blend pen.  After inserting my image into the frame, I felt like it needed just a bit of decoration on the frame.  I used the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon to wrap around the frame completely and then made bow loops on top. *(After getting this all done and typed up, I realized this ribbon has been retired, but you could use any ribbon to tie around your frame.  Sorry about that.)



I think I might put this little frame on my nightstand just as a little reminder to myself that even though my girls are separated from me at times and I miss them when they are, that they are always in my heart.  Yes, being a mom was the one thing I wanted most in life and even though they are grown and off on their own, I carry them everyday in my heart.  I love you Lindsay and Brooke, forever and always and then some.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll continue onto the next blog to see what amazing projects are in store for you there.

Blessings,
Renee

Product List
5/8" (1.6 Cm) Burlap Ribbon
5/8" (1.6 Cm) Burlap Ribbon
[141487]
$7.00

4 comments:

Sara Levin said...

Such a sweet framed piece, Renee! My wheels are turning -- tuck it an suitcase for the traveler, send it off to school with your kid, on a grandchild's nightstand...

Carin said...

So precious! Love it!

Jaz said...

This is so cute - i love the story too - beautiful project

Cameron said...

Great bloog post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails