Thursday, December 2, 2010

Build a Snowman

Oh my!!! It's been a week since I've posted and I feel ashamed of myself.  I just haven't taken the time to make anything and post.  It's beens so busy and when I do have a spare moment I just want to lay on the couch and veg out a little.  Have you ever been there?  If you have, then you can so relate, I'm sure.  The good part of all this is I'm really ahead of my normal schedule for preparing for Christmas.  Got my tree up yesterday and I think the first of December is the earliest I've ever had that up.  So that is a good thing.  Right?

Anyway, my youngest daughter wants to give her friends in her Wednesday night classes a little treat.  Yes even in college.  Isn't that cool?  Her class only has 10 total so it's not a large class, but I'm excited to think my baby still wants/needs me to do school treats.  Oh the years that I enjoyed that.  Can't say it was always fun on the evening before the last day of school before winter break and I was frantically trying to get things done, but making homemade things and giving to others really makes me feel so good.  I think for me the pleasure comes from giving from the heart.  I love to make and give, rather than make and take. Get it?  Make and Take. (little play on words there) *wink*

So here is what I made this morning.
Won't these be cute filled with some candy treats?  I was inspired by this card HERE and I think she was inspired by someone else as well.  I guess follow the trail if you want to find the originator.  Sometimes people get so caught up in getting their due credit and credit should be given when you know or can remember, but for me it's the whole idea of sharing.  I changed mine up a bit from Rose's card and she changed it up a bit from whoever she got the idea and that's ok.  Why don't you try your hand at this and see what you come up with.  Rose gives the sizes of the punches she used to help you start.

I love snowmen and this one is no exception.  We did get a little dusting of snow here overnight so it is starting to feel like "snowman" weather.

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

Rose said...

Adorable, Renee!! Love your take!

xo,
Rose

Sharon F. said...

What a sweet snow man!
Sharon - Puyallup, WA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails