Sunday, January 16, 2011

My First My Digital Studio Card

Yes folks you read that right!  This is my first MDS card that I made.  I've had the MDS for quite sometime, but really haven't had or should I say taken the time to figure things out since I knew my old laptop couldn't handle the program.  So after getting a new laptop from my family for Christmas, I loaded it on the new laptop and after seeing more and more on line, and then recently purchasing an item made with MDS from a fellow demo, I decided it's time to get at it.  My friend and fellow demo, Patty Bennett told me she worked a lot on MDS when she had surgery recently so that is probably my plan after my surgery on Wednesday.

I don't think I did too bad for my first try.  Nothing real fantastic, but a nice simple card none the less.  What do you think?  Now be nice.  I started with a letterhead sheet that I will show you tomorrow and then I did this card.  I really want to try some scrapbooking, although I know I won't use this as my main source for scrapbooking because I like the feel and textures of traditional scrapbooking, but it would be nice to do a book for a special occasion or event and have it professionally printed through SU's printer.

I think the MDS will be great for printing out words or certain pieces from sets that I haven't purchased or am not likely to purchase.  I currently just have the basic papers, embellishments, punches, etc. that come with MDS, but there are so many more you can purchase at extremely low prices.  I'm really looking forward to working more with this program.  Now I could have this card printed through SU's professional printing service or print it out with my own printer.

Well that's it for tonight and I will share more as I learn more.  Oh and I should add a big thanks to my DD Brooke for helping me with this.  She is currently a graphic design major at Baker College so this is the kind of stuff she works with all the time and she was a great help in me learning how to add all the layers.  Thanks sweetheart!

Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails