Thursday, October 8, 2020

OSAT Blog Hop Trick or Treats

 

Well here we are in October already.  Doesn't it seem like this year has gone fast, but yet very very slow???  I wake up most mornings asking my hubby what day it is.  When you are home a lot because you work from home and your kids are grownup, days just run one into the other and this exceptional 2020 year has been worse for all, I'm sure.  But, I do love the month of October and the Fall season.  Fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it, I won't be working my seasonal hunting lodge job due to covid, so I have much more time to do things I really love like crafting and of course stamping.  I'm so happy to be hopping with the great OSAT bloggers and our blog hop TRICK OR TREATS!     So lets get to the fun!!!

I've been playing with the great set Festive Post from the current mini catalog and decided to use that for the hop since it is a pretty versatile set and also has a matching punch.  I actually did not use the Stampin' Cut & Emboss on my card this time.  It is possible, but I don't do it very often because it really it one of my favorite tools.  I started the card by taking a 2-1/2" x 4" piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the three little brooms in Soft Suede colored the little wraps on the brooms with the Stampin'Write Pumpkin Pie marker.  I also used the marker to stamp the words because this was a two line stamp, but I made it look like a one line stamp by using the marker and stamping the lines separately.

I used the 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon in Whisper White and colored it with the Dark Highland Heather Blend.  Did you know you can do that?  You sure can!  The Blends are an alcohol based ink and dry very quickly and permanently.  I tied my bow and then decided it needed just a bit more and I added a tiny Braided Linen Trim bow on top of my Highland Heather bow and for a little bit of bling I used a couple of Artistry Blooms Sequins. Of course I had to stamp inside of this cute card and I used other pieces from this same set as well.  I used the Stampin'Write Basic Black marker to do little stitch lines around the inside piece to finish it off.


Aren't those little bats just the cutest?  That's the only way I like bats......bat stamps,  LOL!  Now for my 3D item.  I chose the good old faithful sour cream treat package.  I made this slightly larger than usual.  I used a full 6" x 6" Plaid Tidings piece of DSP.  I rolled the DSP into a tube and adhered it using Tear & Tape.  I then pushed together one end and used more Tear & Tape to seal it.  The other end I pinched it together and punched two holes to put my ribbon through to tie into a bow using the 3/8" Glittered Organdy Black Ribbon.  I made a tag using the Posted For You and the Everyday Label punches.  I will list everything I used on the end of this post.




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will continue hopping along with me.
Blessings
Renee












Product List

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails