Saturday, December 8, 2007

Candy Memories


For Lindsay's graduation party last summer I made meatballs. The sauce on them was chili sauce and grape jelly. Well, if you know anything about me you know that I don't like to throw away containers and especially nice ones that are glass. At the time I really didn't want to mess with the jars and would have just rather pitched them, but I didn't. Instead I threw them in the dishwasher and saved them. Now I'm glad I did. This jar is filled with bell shaped jelly candies. I've always loved that kind of candy. I guess it goes back to the days of when I was a kid and we'd go to the Sears store in Bay City. The old building over by the M-25 bridge. Mom and Dad would go there to make any major appliance or tool purchase and if us girls were good we'd get to get something from the candy counter that they had in those days. Carin and I loved Swedish Fish or the fruit slices. Yum! Mom and Dad of course would get the Bridge Mix and tell us kids we wouldn't like that stuff. I must have been a teenager before I found out that Bridge Mix wasn't just for grown-ups! Memories! I guess that's one of the good things about getting older, you get to have more memories. Go make some memories today and if possible take pictures and we'll scrap them after the holidays.
Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Na... ah those were the good old days!!! Very cute jar -- you are like a talented bag lady -- what "normal" people would throw in a trash bag -- you make into something beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails