Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh So Pretty!



Aren't the colors of this just "oh so pretty"? Well the girl too, but that goes without saying. *wink* I wanted to make this the minute I saw the sample on page 109 of the new catty. That Berry Bliss DSP is just the prettiest. Don't you think? I also used the new Fusion Flowers on page 177 . What are these you ask? They are high quality, custom-colored felt flowers. I layered them here with flowers I stamped with the One of a Kind flowers and punched out with the Boho Blossom flower punch. I added a clear rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit to the centers. I know I used 4 brads on this project. That's a lot for a hoader such as myself. *grin* The little hinges I used were from Karen Foster and I purchased these at my local Ben Franklin. (plug for Gretchen & Heidi) The scallop circle was done with the SU scallop circle punch. How you may ask, it looks bigger? I will show you how with the following tutorial. I know you're impressed. I'm getting so "on the cutting edge". Pardon the pun! *Ü* Ok, I'm trying.....here goes.


Punch small (1 1/4") circle punch. Then around that hole you've made, punch a scallop circle
Cut the circle apart between two scallops. Now take and make small snips every 2 scallops. See next pic how it should look now.
Cut a circle using your round coluzzle circle template.
Put snail adhesive on the back and attach the scallops to your circle. I used the 4th circle on the coluzzle and I needed not quite 2 full scallop circles to go around the pink circle.
Here's the finished circle. Now no need to have scalloped circle punches in every size. Give it a try! Hope you enjoyed this.
Renee

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Patty Bennett said...

Oh my gosh.,.. you are pure genious!! yahoo! love it! Hey.. did you know your birthday is the same day as my brother? :) Patty www.pattystamps.com

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are soooo clever! Can't wait to try it! ej
ejmarr@comcast.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails