Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Blessed Weekend

Good afternoon. I'm so sorry that my posts have been so few and far between lately. Thanks for sticking with me and I promise I'll get back on that regular posting train soon. I was gone to the Bay Shore Scrapbooking retreat this past weekend. What a wonderful blessing it was. I've been going out to Bay Shore as a Stampin'Up! vendor and teacher for several years now and they keep asking me back and I feel so honored. Right now let me encourage you if you've never been to a Christian scrapbooking retreat that you need to attend this one. It is a great time to get together with other women that share the same passion of paper crafting and also love for the Lord. I come home every time just feeling so blessed (although slightly tired or is the word exhausted? LOL) and so happy that I've gone. This year was no exception. Just a great time to scrap, stamp, eat and fellowship, but I'm warning you now be prepared to laugh. So if you'd like to attend, the next one will be January 23-25, 2009. You can visit their web site http://www.bayshorecamp.org/ for more info. This is the group photo that was taken.




This is actually the only thing that I really accomplished for myself this weekend since I am there in a teaching capacity. I am so tickled with how it turned out. I used the Big Shot pennant die to make this cute little tree. Really very easy to make. Look for more of these soon. I've got some other ideas spinning around in my head. I have to tell you that this idea really came from my Brooke. The minute I showed her the pennant die when I got home from convention this was the idea she had. I know there have been others out there who have done the same thing or very similar with this die, but I like to think she was the first. Way to go my Brooker T! I separated the scallops and put dazzling diamonds glitter in the centers. It's a little hard to see in the pic, but I think it really sets it off. Hope you enjoy it!
Blessings,
Renee

3 comments:

Carin said...

Glad you had a good time! I already told you I like the tree!
love ya,

WandaG_CT said...

Your retreat sounds great, so glad you had a good time. Love the tree.

Kim said...

Love the tree. Glad to hear that you were able to have a relaxing time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails