Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm still around............barely!

I bet you thought I've fallen off of the stamping world since I haven't posted in so long. I even had a very nice email asking if everything was ok with me and my family. Thank you. Here's a little update. Since I lasted posted I went to my sister Carin's to have a SU party for her. My mom and I then stayed a couple extra days and spent some time with her. After returning the week was pretty busy with just catching up. Then last week we had an electrical incident. The big old barn that sits next to our property was torn down, but the demo guy forgot to cut the electrical lines that led from it to our yard light pole. Needless to say when he hit the line it tore all the electricity from our house. Yes, the whole kit and caboodle as they say. We were without power all day--from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. I've also been helping my little sister Chele move into her new house. Well it's not new, but it is new to her. She's lived in an apartment and just recently found a house to rent with possibly an option to buy. We did some painting, cleaning, moving, you know the routine. Well it was routine until yesterday when I twisted my ankle and fell. The good news is that my ankle is fine, but my wrist is sprained. Ouch! It's not excruciating pain, but it does hurt and is getting on my nerves tonight. Luckily the doctor gave me something for pain. They wrapped it for me and it does feel better if I leave it on. It's amazing how much one depends on two hands. Things you don't even think about. How does one go about putting their bra on with only one hand? It's not very easy especially with "xxxxs" my size. Maybe I should have asked the demo guy to leave the crane. LOL
Probably more info than you all needed to know, but I thought I'd catch you up a little. Oh and did I mention that I taught 2 World Card Making Day classes during this two week time frame? Yes, I did and if you come back tomorrow I will show you the cards we made. I just can't do another thing tonight except go put some ice on my wrist and get some sleep. See you all here tomorrow when hopefully things calm down a little.

Blessings,
Renee

3 comments:

WandaG_CT said...

So glad to hear your doing OK. I know what you mean about being one handed, it is so hard when you are used to having "2"! Hope your wrist will be feeling better soon. You certainly have been busy the last few weeks. I love your blog and it is one of three of my daily go to's.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is okay I've been thinking about you and wondering what was up because it wasn't normal for you to take that long to post !! Sorry about your wrist , I hope it heals fast . Look forward to yur new posts TAKE CARE !

Anonymous said...

Renee, you poor girl. Don't be afraid to use the drugs if the pain gets too bad. Sometimes it's good to be tough, other times you need drugs. I hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails