Saturday, May 4, 2013

What a beautiful day!

I think Spring has finally sprung here in Michigan.  It sure has been a long time coming.  I feel like this has been the longest winter ever.  So thankful for the warmer temps and the beautiful sunshine.  It just makes a person feel so much better regardless of how you really feel.

I had some time yesterday to do a little stamping and as is usual for me, I think I made one of the best cards using something that I thought was a mess up.  I have found myself doing this over and over.  I start to take the odds and ends that are on my workspace and don't look at any ideas.  I just sit and start trying to use up what is there.  I had stamped the butterfly on this card and it didn't stamp as good as I would have liked and only part of it came out.  Well instead of throwing it away I decided to do something with it.  What do you think?

This is the Swallowtail stamp from the Spring catalog.  I used the new Gingham Garden DSP that will be in the new 2013/2014 Catalog on May 31.  The color is Melon Mambo.  I used the Banner Greetings hostess stamp set that I mentioned yesterday.  I sanded the stamp a little with our sanding block and boy does that help your stamps, especially the solid ones ink up so nice.  I used Black Stazon ink.  Did you notice the button?  Yes another new item coming the new catalog.  These buttons are so sweet and they are calle Vintage Buttons.  I love that the holes are a little bigger for the 1/8" Taffeta Black ribbon to fit through.  I just loved how this card turned out.  It was my own layout and design and used up something that normally may have been thrown out.\

Now I'll show you the card I was making before this.  It was the reason this first card came about.

This was a total case from my upline and friend Linda.  Linda lives in California, yes my home state.  Didn't know I was a Cali girl did you? Yup, I was born in California.  Linda is so sweet and I really am looking forward to catching up with her at convention this summer in Salt Lake City.  Well here is her video on making this card.


It's really a cute idea that was around back when I first started with Stampin'Up!, but everything old becomes new again.  Linda does a great job of explaining how to make this card.  The card I made is actually going to show up in someones mailbox this week.  Can you guess who it is?  Anyone placing an online order through my website will receive a card.  So keep that in mind.  Hope you enjoy watching the video and again a big thanks to Linda for the video.

Hope you have a blessed Saturday!
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails