Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ahhhh.........

Ahhh..........it seems like it should be Friday, but it's only Wednesday.  It's been a long week, but the weekend is coming.  My dad had 3 doctor appointments this week; two yesterday and one today.  The good news is all the things they were testing him for came back negative and the symptoms he was having have disappeared and he is feeling great.  No cancer or anything else.  His oncologist gave him the all clear and will see him in another 3 months.  Praise God!  Such a relief, hence the title of my post today.

After I got home today I wanted really bad to take a nap.  You know that feeling when your nerves start to relax even though you didn't think you were nervous and then you want to sleep?  Well instead I headed to my office and worked on business this afternoon.  I even got a little stamping in as well.  Here is the project that I have for you today.






 This is a candle holder made from a tuna fish can and clothes pins.  My daughter had made a bunch of these for a graduation party for a friend and when the party was done I snatched them up of course.  I made one for the 4th of July, but I can't seem to find where I posted it or if I did post it.  I added a 1-3/4" strip of Color Me Autumn DSP (Holiday Catalog) around it and then tied some of that luscious Blackberry Bliss Ribbon around it.  I punched a 2-1/2" circle punch from Hello Honey and sponged it with Hello Honey and some Tangelo Twist.  The little ghost, pumpkin and leaves are from a new set (Holiday Catalog) called Fall Fest.  This set comes in Photopolymer and has matching Framelits.  I applied everything to the circle using Dimensionals.  I still thought it needed some sparkle so I added a little Dazzling Details on the leaves.



Here you can see what it looks like from the top.  The little glass tealight holder was purchased at Walmart.  These make very inexpensive decorations, centerpieces or even to give as a little gift.  I thought this turned out pretty cute.  Hope you enjoyed it.

I want to share one more thing tonight.  My last class we did a One Sheet Wonder project and the ladies loved it.  I talked them through the cutting that night and then I promised I would post the template so here it is.




Here is the Original Project.  Now that I've typed all this Blogger is acting up and I'm really hoping I haven't lost everything because at this point I'm not seeing the pics I have in this post.  Grrr....I hate when that happens.  Well I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.  Oh and one last thing.  There were questions about the notebook I shared the other day and I will try and get that answered tomorrow and post some pics showing exactly what I did.  

Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

Carin said...

Cute... Cute!

Dawn said...

Thanks bunches!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails