Friday, August 29, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Pumpkin

Well it's Friday and hopefully for a lot of you it means an extra long weekend.  I know I'm really looking forward to it.

On page 11 of the NEW HOLIDAY CATALOG there is a Thinlits die set called Curvy Keepsake Box.  I wasn't sure if I would purchase this because there was so much in the catalog that I wanted, but after seeing how cute it was I added it to my order.  Those that ordered earlier than I did always do such a good job of enabling those of us who wait a little while before ordering when the demo pre-order period starts.  I finally got around to using it this morning.  I might have too many new toys right now so it's taking me awhile to get to all of them.....just sayin', but that is just between us here. ;)

Isn't it just the cutest?  It's finished size is 2-1/2" x 2-3/4" x 2-1/2"  It will hold little candies or mini candy bars perfectly.  I stamped on it with the Work of Art stamp set.  The little tag is part of the Thinlits die set.  I then stamp the For You from the Around Array stamp set and punched it out with the 7/8" scallope circle punch and added it to the tag using a Dimensional.  From the Fall Fun Framelits I cut out the little leaf in Mossy Meadow and it matches up perfectly with the leaf from the Autumn Wooden Elements.  If you remember I used one of the other leaves in my Fall Wreath card earlier in the week.  I just added a little of the Monomulti Liquid Glue to the back of the wooden element and then attached the leaf.  I wanted to be able to open the box without having to until the tag so I punched a hold in the top and added the tag and the leaf using some of the Burlap Ribbon.  I cut the edge off the ribbon and just pulled on the fibers to be able to use them to tie the tag and wooden element on.  There are so many other cute ideas floating around with this die set and I hope to make some and share here on my blog in the coming weeks.  

 I had some questions about this notebook that I posted last week.  Below you will find a couple of pics that will hopefully answer your questions.

This shows the inside.  I made a little pocket in side and to make the scallop I used the Large Scallop Edgelit.  I only glued it on the bottom.

 Here is the notepad that I used.  It was just a cheapie scratch pad, but you could do this with almost any small notebook.

 
And last, but not least I want to share a cake I made for today.  This cake is for a young lady who is a niece of my good friend Deb.  Deb is the one that lost her dear husband a year ago today to the horrible disease of cancer.  He was only 50 years old.  It just so happened that Eric passed on Hannah's birthday so Deb wanted to do something extra special for her to make the day a celebration.  The family will be celebrating not the passing of Eric, but the memories of the life he lived and also they will be celebrating Hannah as well.  I wish Deb and her family many blessings this day and may the God of all comfort and peace give them this day to rejoice that Eric lived and to celebrate the 14th birthday of Hannah.  Many hugs to the Herzog family.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails