Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello Fall....Color Me Autumn

I wasn't feeling the best yesterday, hence the reason for no post yesterday.  It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and I just felt like I was wasting it, but when you don't feel well there's not much you can do.  So today was spent mostly catching up because I didn't do much yesterday.  Don't you wish there was someone to take over your chores when you didn't feel well?  If you find that person let me know.  I'd like to borrow them.  LOL!

Here is a card for today.  The minute I saw this set (For All Things) I knew I had to have it, but I must admit I've been struggling to make things with it.  I do like how this turned out though.  It just took me awhile.  I love the Color Me Autumn DSP.  Every sheet is just so.........Autumnish. *Ü*  Maybe that has something to do with why they named it that?  Hmmm......

 Speaking of Autumn, when it gets cold out don't you start to crave comfort food?  I know that I do.  I decided to try a recipe that I found on Pinterest.  You can find it HERE.  This recipe was so easy to make and tastes so good, it will definitely become a favorite in this household.  The best part is it's made in the slow cooker and there is very little work to it.  I put it on yesterday morning when I just wasn't feeling well and knew that supper was going to be a challenge if I didn't have a plan in place.  This cooked all day and about an hour and a half before Frank would be home I tossed in the dumplings and it was done when he arrived home.  It's even better the second day.

On Tuesday night Brooke came out for supper as she usually does on Tuesday and we made some fresh salsa.  Our family loves salsa and chips so this will be gone in no time.  We got the tomatoes from my dad since our tomatoes never amounted to much.  Most of our garden didn't this year.  We'll have onions, potatoes and gourds and pumpkins.  Everything else just died off.
 
Well that's about it for today.  If you're hungry, stop over and I'll share my salsa, but I'm not sure about the dumplings. ;)  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Blessings,
Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails