Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop April 2019


Hi there blog hoppers!  Welcome to my blog and the April 2019 SU Style Blog Hop.  I haven't hopped with this group in awhile and I've missed it.  I wanted to hop this month, but wasn't quite sure what to make until I had a need for something.  I had a really sturdy heavy cardstock type box that my daughter had given me perfume in for my birthday.  It was open on one end and I just knew there would be something I could do with it.  I decided to cover it with the beautiful All My Love DSP and the flowers from the All That You Are stamp set.  I've been wanting something nice to put on our island in our kitchen that would look nice and hold pens that hubby wouldn't walk off with,  so after I decorated this box I put some clear marbles in it for weight and added some fun colored Bic pens in it.  I though that still might not send the message that these pens were to stay in the kitchen so I added some ribbon to the tops.  He's less likely to put that in his pocket. ;)


I stamped the flowers in black Memento ink and colored them in using the Flirty Flamingo Blends.  I love to color and I love the Blends, so it seemed like the perfect combo.  I then cut a few pieces from the Frosted Bouquet dies for some fillers to put in behind the flowers that were popped up on dimensionals.  It's hard for me to not use some sort of embellishments when I am designing, so I took the 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and made a bow to tuck in there as well.


I used Tear & Tape to adhere the DSP to the box and I cut the DSP a 1/2" taller than the box and after I adhered it to the box, I cut slits in the four corners and folded the paper down inside the box to give it a finished look.  I hope you like my project and that it will give you some inspiration for all those things we save thinking we will do something with it some day.  Enjoy the rest of the hop by clicking on the name after mine below.

Blessings,
Renee


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

5 comments:

Sara Levin said...

So pretty and feminine. Love this upcycle, Renee!

WAGSTAMPS said...

I love the way you decorated your pen box. So pretty. I am so glad the polka dot ribbon is returning next year it is one of my favorites.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a cute addition to your craft desk.

Carin said...

Cute!

Audra Monk, The Crafty Yogi said...

I love that paper! Fun project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails