Monday, November 26, 2007

Glass Block Nightlight


Here is the project that I promised in a day or two, but it got moved up on the list today. I received this block from my friend Debby probably about a year ago. *gasp* It's been in the back of my mind though to do something with it. I was going to do some glass etching, but if you've even done that it can get messy and you have to be careful and I just haven't felt in the mood to do something that I needed to be that careful with and not ruin this glass block. So while surfing some stamping sites I came across a block that was done a little different. What I did here was use the white Stazon ink refill and squirted some of the ink on the freshly cleaned block. I then took a paper towel and sponged the ink around. Once dry I stamped on it with black Stazon ink and once that was dried I colored it in using Sharpie markers since these are permanent. I then used Crystal Effects and made little snow hills and covered them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It still thought the sky area looked a little empty so I used the Bashful Blue craft pad and stamped a few snow flakes which you can barely see, but it just adds that little something. When Debby gave me the block it had already had a hole drilled in the bottom (thanks Marty!) so I just had to shove the 15 light string of lights inside. I tied some very wide organdy ribbon that I had saved off of a flower arrangement I'd received one time (you know me can't throw anything away) around the block. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Hope you like it.
Renee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The block is absolutely beautiful!! How creative :)
Jessica Z

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! Such a nice job!!

Anonymous said...

I want to do one!!!!! That is so adorable & you are so crafty. (No not like a witch)

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful. Excellent crafter.

Lynn said...

I just LOVE this! I've been wanting to try a glass block project...thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails