Monday, November 19, 2007

I know it's been a long time..........

I know, I've been reminded that it's been a week since I posted last. (thanks Carin!) I've just had a lot on my plate the last week, but I'm looking forward to a little break this week and of course I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Why you ask? Well let's just say that Thanksgiving with my family (more the extended part) is pretty unusual. Never a dull moment and to think I'm related to these people. I'd go into more details, but with your words in print it's hard to deny them. *grin* If you'd like details please feel free to give me a call. All I'm gonna say is, you'd have to be there to appreciate it.

Moving on........I'm hoping to get a little stamping done this week as well. Here is one of the projects though that I worked on over the weekend.


This is an invite to a baby shower that my sister Michele is throwing for her friend/employer Trish Steinman. Jim and Trish just recently adopted a baby girl (Sarah May). She is just the sweetest little bundle. The reason for 3 little monkeys on this card? Well they are also expecting twin girls in February. Yes, that's right 3 babies! Sarah was born in Oct. so she'll only be about 5 months or so depending on when the other 2 girls arrive. We are so excited for them. I love that I can love on Sarah right now and then I get to go home and sleep. I love babies, but part of me is glad I'm past that stage in my life. I think it's the part that likes to get a full nights rest. *Ü* My girls are just in love with her and they are looking forward to the other two as well. Oh and did I mention that when Michele asked me to make these invites and approved the sample she told me she only needed about 30 of them? Well in the end she needed 70. Not a big deal unless you love to be punching and coloring 210 monkeys, not to mention the same amount of layers. Thanks Chele for forgetting that little detail. Thanks too to my mom for helping me punch, color and fold.

Just a couple of details about the card. You can't see the background very well, but it was stamped in Pretty in Pink using the Fine Lace background. The monkey is from Zoofari, stamped in Regal Rose and colored in with Pretty in Pink. Punches 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle and scalloped circle. On the inside I put, "And babies make 5."

Here's another card I made yesterday and it's going out today to a special friend of mine. This card is made using the "hot off the rubber press" set Time Well Spent that all active demos received FREE this past week from Stampin'Up! This set will be a level 3 hostess set in the up coming 2008 Spring/Summer collection idea book to be available Jan 2. I was so excited to receive this set and for free to boot. It was given to us by Shelli in appreciation for all that us demos do for the company. It's great to be appreciated by your employer. Woo hoo!!!! Free Rubba!!!!! Wouldn't you like to get this set for free too. Call me and book your show for after the first of the year and you can earn it for free. Oh and did I mention that if you host in January and your party totals at least $350 you get an extra free set of your choice out of the up coming 2008 Spring/Summer preview mini catalog. SU is an awesome company to work for or host a party, so call me today and we'll get you on the way to earning free stamps and accessories.
Have a great day everyone and look for more postings of fun stampin' projects this week.
Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee!
What do you know, you have a blog! I'm jealous, but obviously as you know, I just don't have the time with salon hours. You are doing a great job, keep up the good work. Have a good Thanksgiving and hopefully talk to you soon! Oh yeah, I stumbled upon this by looking at the gallery for Time Well Spent. Did you see my martini post with this set?

Anonymous said...

You are fortunate -- sisters keep your life interesting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails