Saturday, February 11, 2012

Container Makeover

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I thought I'd get something posted now since I had to cancel my Stampin'Up! workshop for today.  The roads were just nasty and I wasn't crazy about traveling to Pt. Hope by myself.  Frank a lot of times is able to go to parties with me, but he had to work today.  A big thanks to my hostess Wendy for her understanding.  She's a teacher and is use to subbing so she said that she'd throw a couple cards together for the couple ladies who were still coming and we'd turn her party into a book party.  Bless you Wendy!

So instead of letting the day be a waste I came to the stamp room and worked on a project I've had in my mind for awhile now.  I had this container I had saved and I knew I certainly could come up with something to do with it.

I had visited fellow demo Lyssa's blog and came across this adorable technique and knew I had to give it a try.  So I punched out my scallop circle in a piece of Calypso Coral I had on my desk and then used the new package of Calypso Coral Baker's Twine.


  After making the medallion I then turned to my Stampin'Up! Color Coach to pick out the rest of my colors
Color Coach - by Stampin' Up!I choose the Sweet Set color combo---Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red and Basic Gray.  And well this is what I came up with.............

Here's another picture of it open................
So what do you think? 

Blessings and have a great day!
Renee


2 comments:

Wendy Zick said...

That's so cute!
We missed you today, turned out just my sister-in-law was able to come. We did a simple card and made albums.

lynns said...

Love the project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails