Friday, August 10, 2012

Baja Butterflies

It's a cold rainy day here in the Thumb of Michigan.  Yeah we've needed the rain, but this is the second day and tomorrow promises more too.  Yuck!  Not really Summer like weather.  It seems more like Fall and it's way too early for that.

So since it was raining yesterday I sat down and made some cards while I was cleaning off my work area.  I get little piles of stuff that I've stamped, cut, embossed, etc...and then the pile finally drives me crazy and I have to do something with it.  Believe it or not that is probably when I make some of my best cards or at least I think so.  It forces me to really use my imagination and I try and limit myself to those pieces for the main parts of the card.  This first one I'm sharing with you today is my favorite.  I used one of my fav colors and the new stamp set Papillon Potpourri.  I just had to look up what the word Papillon meant because I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it had to do with butterflies.  So here is the definition of it:

pap·il·lon/ˌpäpēˈyôn
Noun: A dog of a toy breed with ears suggesting the form of a butterfly.

Ok I guess I now get it but I think that really took some imagination on someones part to come up with that name.  Well without further ado here is the card.





The two Baja Breeze pieces and the embossed edge piece were my starting points.  Then there was a scrap of the Comfort Cafe DSP laying by my paper cutter.  As I was getting ready to layer the pieces I knew that the Baja Breeze die cuts needed some paper piercing.  Oh no!  I don't have that piercing template yet.  Oh wait, yes I do!  UPS pulled right up at that moment and that was in my SU order so I could finish the card.  I am so tickled with how this turned out that I think I'll make another one just because I can. *wink*

Have a great Friday!
Blessings,
Renee

5 comments:

Unknown said...

pappillon is also the french word for butterfly :)

great card!!

Wendy Zick said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing. And yes, it is French for butterfly!

Carin said...

Luv it!

Carin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stampershirley said...

What a cute card ... thanx for sharing. I live in Michigan too (not too far from you, in Owosso) and am glad the rain has stopped for a day or so. I need to make some cards and your idea has given me a great starting point! Thanx!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails