Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain, rain go away..........................

It has been raining here again and we are flooded.  Our basement this time has not faired well.  Water made it's way into every room in our basement, even rooms that have never had water in them.  My stamp room floor is ruined.  This morning it became a matter of moving to higher ground as opposed to trying to suck water.  We just couldn't keep up.  Frank had to head to work and my daughter Brooke helped me as much as she could before work and we got everything moved and blocked up to keep it out of the water.  None of my stamp stuff has been ruined as of now.  I will admit it's been a little disheartening to say the least.  I feel like my space has been invaded.  If you have a space that you call your own, I'm sure you know what I mean.  It will be 4 years ago on Sunday that we had our house fire and that was devastating, but my room was redone and it's been a blessing so it's sad to see it destroyed once again.  I will recover from this too, but it's going to take some time.  When I feel stressed I like to stamp and not being able to get at my stuff is going to be hard, but such is life and I know there are so many much worse off than we are.  The main level of our home is dry and that is a blessing.
 
So anyway onto a card I made a couple of weeks ago.  This was a card I sent to my friend/upline Amy as a thank you for my birthday gift.  This little bunny set is so cute and I think it can be used for things other than Easter.  I love the color combo....Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party.  The paper is from SAB as is the ribbon.
 
 
 
 
Well that's it for now.  Time to get some supper made and see what if anything can be done in the basement.
 
Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

WandaG_CT said...

So sorry about your stamping room! I don't even like persons in my space unless they are invited!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails