Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Little Valentine Basket

We made it to Saturday.  Seems like it's been an unusually long tough week or maybe I'm just feeling my age this week.  Not sure exactly what it is, but I keep trudging along.  Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer.  I guess I've just run into too many joy suckers this week.  My bad for letting that get to me.  I have been spending time in the stamp room which is a joy.  I truly love what I do.  I was reminded of that this morning when I listened to the keynote speaker from Stampin'Up!'s leadership seminar on a live stream.  His talk really bought back lots of memories as to why I do what I do and how much I love to share it.  It's even one of the reasons that I blog.  I don't get a lot of comments and I don't necessarily get a lot of sales because of my posts here, but I get that overwhelming satisfaction of doing what I love and then sharing what I love.  He used the Stampin'Up! statement of the heart in his presentation.  It reads as follows............

"To love what we do and share what we
love, as we help others enjoy creativity
and worthwhile accomplishments....
in this we make a difference."

This really is why I love sharing my love of stamping and creating.  I've loved creating with paper from as early as I can remember and I hope to love it as long as I can remember and beyond.  You're never too old or too young to love paper crafting.  I honestly believe there would be a lot of healthier and happier older people if they would just learn to really learn to love something and share it with others.

Ok, enough of my little rant for today. *grin*  I want to share with you what I made yesterday.  I had just purchased one of the newest Big Shot dies this week from the Occasions Catalog.  It's called the Berry Basket Bigz L Die (137366 $37.95).  It makes the most adorable little basket.  I can see using this basket for so many occasions.

I used Strawberry Slush cardstock on the inside and then some of the Back to Black DSP on the outside.  You really don't have to do both, but I was just having fun creating so I thought why not?  Then I had some chocolate candy bars that had a Santa wrapping on them and I remove that and wrapped the DSP around the gold foil that the candy was wrapped in.  I then added a punched heart that had been stamped with one of the hearts from the Hello Life stamp set.  (127136 $24.95)


Here is a close up of the tag.



Hope you enjoyed this little basket and remember you can order any of the items I've used from my store at www.reneeond.stampinup.net.

Blessings,
Renee


1 comment:

Carin said...

So cute! Yes, I would like one of these as a surprise!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails