Sunday, September 14, 2008

Please forgive my lack of postings

It's been quite the week. My uncle passed away unexpectedly last Wednesday. He lived in California and it had been sometime since I had seen him. We had always hoped to go out there soon to visit, but that just never seemed to happen. I guess this is a good scenario of waiting until you "have the money." That just doesn't seem to happen. He's my dad's oldest brother. Dad flew out on Friday to spend the week with his youngest brother and their families. I would have went with my dad, but unfortunately I had a wedding cake for this weekend. Mom and Dad and Carin and Luke were to have left for Missouri for a weeks vacation today, but that isn't happening either. It just seemed like a bad week and the rain only added to it all. I know that God allows all these things for a reason and sometimes it's hard to take it all in, but we just need to keep trusting Him since he knows what's best. I guess bad times can really only make us appreciate the good times more.

OK, if it sounds like I'm rambling, I guess I am. I don't have anything to show you today, but hopefully will be back tomorrow with some stamping. As always thanks for stopping in.

Blessings,
Renee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, Renee, and sorry that you couldn't be with your family in Cali. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your uncle, I know how hard it is to not be able to be there , you all will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sending prayer and hugs your way. He truly is in a better place where there is no pain and suffering, only peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails