Friday, September 5, 2008

What to show you today??????????

Let me see............I actually did quite a bit of stamping yesterday. It was either stamp, pay bills or clean. Guess what won out? As most of you know I don't do well with no sunshine. I learned this a long time ago. My doc called it SDD (sunlight deprivation disorder) Figures I'd have some kind of disorder. LOL I learned this summer when my cousin from California was visiting that he has this too. His wife says he gets very depressed when there is no sunshine. I never would have thought of my cousin as being depressed. He's such a people person and so social and funny. He's really a hoot. OK, why did I feel the need to tell you all that? Oh, I know I was feeling the effects of no sun yesterday (and today is not looking any better) so I decided to do the most fun thing out of my three options yesterday.
I actually did some cleaning by stamping and using up a lot of the things laying around on my workspace to make cards. Usually that is when I make some of my best. You let me know what you think. I know I get a lot of hits on my blog here, but I receive very few comments. Speaking of that I would like to thank those who loyally visit my blog and a special thanks to those who leave comments. I like to know if what I'm posting is helping to inspire you, because that is my goal.


Yes, I made all these cards yesterday with just stuff that I had started and had laying around. Some was left overs from my convention swaps. I have such a hard time throwing things out. I know, hard to believe. I will show you a couple close up and then the rest over the next couple days.


This is my fav. I found the instructions how to make this flower on fellow SU demo Dannie Graves' blog. I just loved this and believe it or not it only takes six 5 Petal flowers. I was in doubt, but sure enough that's all. I used the new Haiku DSP. I'm sure glad I won that paper. You will notice that the scallop edge is smaller than the scallop edged punch and it was made using the edges off of the Big Shot pennant die. Another great use for that die!
This card will fit into a business size envelope. I layered the scallop circle punch on top of the scallops from the Big Shot pennant die. I just used scrap pieces layered on top of each other and ran it through. I cut 3 scallops all at one time and they layer perfectly under the scallop circle punch. Yet another great use for that die. Are you seeing a pattern here?

Well sorry about such a long post today. Hope I've kept your attention.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Renee



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I"m a bad, bad reader. I read in Google, and forget to comment.

But I have to say, I love your cards! Especially that owl! And I'd love to see a better shot of the butterfly card on the left, please :)

Anonymous said...

I just love, love, love the big yellow flower.

I love coming here to see what you have come up with. You have some of the bestest ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails