Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us

Well today we celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and believe it or not that's us.  When I see anniversary pictures posted in our local paper and they show the couple on their wedding day and then on the anniversary they are celebrating, such as 25, 35, 40 or even 50 years I get a little sad.  You look at the young couple and you can usually see in their eyes all the hopes and dreams they had on that day way back then and then you see the current picture and it makes me wonder have they lived those hopes and dreams?  I'm sure some have lived them and many more and I'm sure some have lived hurts and heartaches along the way as well.  Some more than others, but as the song says, "I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance."  Our wedding invitations said, “This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.”  So regardless of whether we've had good days or bad days, happy days, sad days, joyous days or just ok days, I'm glad I can still say that those words are still true.  I have the best hubby a girl could ask for and I love him with all my heart.  Here's to another 24 years together!  Oh and BTW to our two beautiful daughters a 25th wedding anniversary party next year would be great.  I'd even stamp the invites for ya.  LOL!!!

Hopefully I'll be back with a stamping project for you tomorrow.
Blessings,
Renee

4 comments:

lynns said...

Beautiful photo-Happy Anniversary!

Kim said...

Congrat on 24 wonderful years.

You're a beautiful bride with such a handsome fella!

LINDA GUTIERREZ said...

Awww, Happy Anniversary to you and Frank!!! Congratulations! "Silver Anniversary" here you come! Break out the silver embossing powder!

Lindsay said...

Ha Ha Ha, you only wish we would throw you a party, we will have to see about that. Love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails