Saturday, November 6, 2010

Remember When


Remember when?  This time of the year I get very nastalgic about the day we said I DO.  This weekend Frank and I have gone away to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary.  When the girls were small be really made it a priority to go away each year for our anniversary and over the last few years we've made it less of a priority.  Why?  Not really sure, I guess we just get caught up in all the things that need to be done and really we should be able to stay home and relax because the girls are definitely at the age where they aren't any work and in fact are seldom even home between their work schedules and college..  The only problem with that is when you are at home you see all the things that need to or should be done and our fur babies are still there demanding attention.  KWIM?  So it is nice to get away, relax and reconnect without the daily demands of life,  The place we choose is beautiful and so relaxing.  Had always wanted to come here, but just never felt justified in doing so.  A little pricier than most, but so worth the extras.  I'm loving it  Here is a link to their website SpringBrook Inn.  So peaceful and they are so friendly.  A nice B&B, but without the feel that you are staying in someone's spare bedroom.  They have a restaurant downstairs and a hot breakfast is served to your room in the morning.  A quick knock on the door let us know that the tray had arrived this morning.  Now a girl could get use to this. *grin*  Frank is out taking a walk and I'm just relaxing in my jammies, but will be getting ready shortly so we can go to Arnie's.  A most awesome craft store.  Time with my honey, a relaxing B& B and a craft store,  What more could a girl want??

So that's it.  Thanks for allowing me a little stroll down memory lane and hope you enjoyed my card.  Want to know how I made the mittens?  Come back next week and I'll show you how.  The paper used is again the Love Letters.  I'm telling you, you need this paper.

Blessings and have a great Saturday,
Renee

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm sure there is just as much love between you both, if not more.

Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails