Saturday, August 17, 2013

Catching Up!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I had a cake to make and by last night I was just too pooped to get do my blog post.  So  here is a post for now to make up for yesterday and a I'm going to try to post later as well.

The other day my dear sweet friend Pam came over and we spent a little time stamping and visiting.  She wanted to know how to do the startburst technique so I showed her how.

I used the Epic Day DSP for this one.  I just love the Cameo Coral.  The green is Gumball Green.  The words are from the set Hello Lovely that you've seen me use in the last week or so.  To top it off I used some Cameo Coral Baker's Twine.  A very easy card to make.  Would you like to learn how to do this technique.  Give me a call and we'll make a date to get together to make one.  I'd love to show you.
 
Now I'll show you the cake that kept me busy yesterday.
 
I find it rather surreal to think I'm now making cakes for people I went to high school with for their grown children getting married.  Who would have ever thought that I'd be doing something like that  all these years later.  Heck in my head I still feel like I'm in high school, but my body certainly lets me know differently. ;)  It's one of the blessings of a small town.  Everybody knows everybody.

 
 I certainly was happy with how it turned out.  I thought the colors were pretty and for once it was a good weather day to make roses in Michigan.  Best wishes to the happy couple.  Oh and BTW I used my Heart Framelits as my pattern for the hearts.  Them framelits are so versitile. ;)
 
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails