Monday, August 12, 2013

You Make Me Happy!

That's not what I was thinking this morning when I started to think about my cat, Sugar.  She's been acting kind of strange ever since we got back from convention, but I really couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Sometimes she seemed fine and others not so much.  Well this morning when I awoke at 6:30am I moved my foot and felt something wet in the bed.  The cat had peed on it sometime during the night and we didn't even realize it.  Of course I got up right away and started to strip the bed and started the washing machine, but while doing so I realized I was going to have to do something about the cat.  She had done this the day after we got home from conventiona and I just figured she was mad about us being gone.  Well a second warning told me different.  I made a vet appointment and took her this afternoon thinking I was probably going to have to put her down and it was breaking my heart.  I love that little cat so much.  She's my constant companion in my stamp room and a real mama's girl.  Well it ended up she has a thyroid problem and a slight bladder infection.  All fixable with meds.  Doc said she probably did it because she wasn't feeling well and was trying to get our attention.  I know some of you are probably reading this and saying, "Really, you were that upset over a cat?" and yeah the answer is yes.  I love animals and they have always been a part of my life and I get very attached.  Here's a pic of my baby.

 
So here's a card I made for her.  No not really.  I'm not that big of a freak, but I bet I had you going.  LOL!  Although she does make me happy when she curls up beside me.
This card is a little different than my usual style, but I am trying to embrace new styles and stretching to go out of my comfort zone.  This is pretty "modern" and "young" for me, but then again I'm not that old.  Really I'm not!!!
 
I used the stamps Gorgeous Grunge and Hello Lovely.  These were both sets we received at convention.  Colors I used were Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe.  The button was made using the Simply Clay and the Button Mold and I covered it in Crystal Effects after I colored it with a Strawberry Slush marker.  This card has lots of dimensionals on it to give it what else?  Dimension of course. ;)
 
That's it for today.  Frank is working on my stamp room tonight in hopes of getting headed to the direction of putting the new flooring down and getting my room put back together.  There's quite a bit that needs to be done because of the flood we had this past spring, but any work in that direction is a big plus for me.
 
Blessings,
Renee
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails