Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December Photo a Day....Day 10

December 10th already.  Hard to believe.  I will start out today with the photo a day and then get on to posting some other things as well.

Here is my photo for day 10


This is my beautiful daughter Brooke.  She is 23 years old and one of the lights of my life.  This is her tree in her apartment.  Of course she matched her tree decor to the colors of her apartment.  Not sure where she would have gotten an idea like that. ;)  Love this girl to the moon and back and then some.

Now onto a new project and then the info that some were looking for on how to make this holder.



I was asked for measurements for yesterday's project so here goes.  The chart below is a suppose to stand for a 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper.  Ok, use your imagination a little.  LOL!

Mini Cup Holder Pattern
Cut off



Cut off





Cut off



Cut off

Sheet is 5” x 11”
Score at 1-1/2” on all 4 sides
On short ends score at 3” in
Cut on the short ends all the way up to the 3” line, then cut and remove squares as shown.
Fold in 2 remaining squares and then fold over the center flap and adhere in place.  Do this on both ends.

This will hold 2 cups.
This is what your piece should look like.  Fold and adhere as mentioned above.

Here is the pattern for the cup.  I made mine from acetate so that I can have a permanent pattern to trace on my DSP.  I'm not sure how this will post as far as size.  You can take a cup apart and make your own pattern is what I did.  I bought these little cups special from www.webstaurantstore.com .


I'm sorry these photos and directions are so rough.  I really need to start making videos.  That would be a much easier way for me to show you.  I'm hoping Santa brings me a tripod for my cell phone.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or post here and I'll try and help.

Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails