Thursday, December 18, 2014

December Photo a Day.....Day 18

Well, how are things going in your world?  Are you busy with Christmas prep?  I've been making cookies and candies for three days straight now and I still have a few more to do and then the fun begins of giving them away.  Around 4:30 this afternoon I called it quits for the day and the kitty and I took a nap.  It was greatly needed.  I just felt exhausted.  It's now 9:40 and I've had supper and have gotten my second wind so I knew I needed to head to my stamp room and get a blog post done.  Maybe even get ahead and schedule tomorrow's post as well.

Here is a project for today.  I made several of these to send out.

I had made a card similar to this as a  project for the scrapbooking weekend back in October and had extras cut so I decided to use them up, but changed the card up a bit.  I used a different embossing folder and a different tree from the Trim the Tree set and then used a different sentiment and stamped the little birdie in red.  I actually got that idea from a sweet customer of mine.  Thanks so much Rita for the idea to stamp him in red.  It really made the card pop.

Here is today's December photo a day for day 18.  These are my famous Peanut Butter Balls.  Well, I don't know how famous they are, but I know that a lot of people look forward to me making these every year.  I've actually been making these since I was a young teenager.  I used to make them with my mom.  I truly love the tradition of making cookies and candies for Christmas and how it has passed on down with me and my girls making things together.  Brooke came out again this afternoon to help me for a bit.  Of course the help had to stop when kitty decided he needed some attention.

I just can't tell you how much joy this little kitty has brought to me.  He really is that laid back and he loves to just be with us.  He really is a blessing.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails