Monday, December 8, 2014

Lots to Catch Up.....December Photo of the Day 4-8

Well the last time I post I was just before my surgery and let's just say that this surgery was a little more than I thought it would be.  I knew I'd have to take it easy afterwards, but I didn't realize how sore I would be and how it would stop me from doing things that I love to do.  I haven't been on Facebook much and I haven't even felt up to watching much TV.  The only thing I've felt like doing is taking it easy and sleeping.  I guess your body knows what you need and sometimes you just have to go with it.  I've made my way to my office for a bit today and wanted to get caught up on my December Photo of the Day.  I'm doing all five days I missed today and then hopefully I can keep up.  I've got some stamping projects planned for other days, but these are just showing you some of the ways I decorate my house for Christmas.  So here goes...............

 This is on top of my refrigerator.  The snowman is one that my Lindsay bought for me back when she was in high school and I really treasure it.  The lantern was something that Frank picked up for me as a little surprise during Christmas time quite a few years ago.
 This is such a beautiful plate that I purchased several years ago from Cracker Barrel.  I loved that Santa is holding a Sock Monkey.
This is a little tree that I keep up year round and decorate it for the seasons.  I put the teeny tiny little stars from the Many Merry stars kit.
 This cookie jar was just purchased in November when Frank and I went away for our anniversary.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it at Bronner's Christmas World, and after looking at the price I knew why.  I have very good taste.  LOL!  Just before we were ready to leave Frank asks me if we should go back and get the snowman cookie jar.  I looked at him and he looked at me and I told him it was too expensive and he said it didn't matter he wanted to buy it for me.  Aww.....the saying on it is what really spoke to me.  I love to make cookies and me and my girls give plates of them away to show our love for others so it seems fitting that it has it's place on our kitchen island this season.
This last picture is an angel that I purchase five years ago.  It was the Christmas that we moved back into our house after our house fire.  It had been a long 7 months not living in our home and I felt like I needed something new and beautiful to grace the top of our tree that year.  I didn't know what it would be, but when I saw it, I knew it was it.  I was with my sweet friend Vicki shopping in a little store near Bad Axe.  Although it is not on our tree this year (actually it's not even a tree topper, but I made it into one), it does have a place in our living room and it can be seen very well no matter where one sits in the room.

Well I hope you've enjoyed a little tour of some of my holiday decor.  I will try my hardest to get back to posting Stampin'Up! projects as well.  Please be patient with me and I'm trying to be with myself.  I want to heal properly and don't wish to have this surgery over again.

Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Terri Brown said...

Hi Renee,
Glad to hear you're up & about after your surgery, even though you're not at the top of your game yet. The anesthesia itself takes a while to get over; it is a shock to your body. You are right in making yourself take it easy. :-) Glad to see you're back posting. I am enjoying the pics of your holiday decorations. I appreciate you sharing that private part of your life with us. Best wishes for a full recovery.
Terri
(a fellow demonstrator and follower of your blog)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails