Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Work and Fun

Good morning. It's early Sunday morning and I can't sleep. That is so not like me, but since I was awake, I thought I'd come to my office and do a little catching up on things before getting ready for church. Here's what I've been busy with this weekend.

This cake was actually a last minute order. I really don't like to do cakes without a weeks notice, but she caught me at a time where I'm trying to save money for convention so I took the order. I was happy with the way it turned out and of course it's my favorite colors red and blue.
My other project was this card.
I came across this web site for the flower folding. The directions say to make 6 of the petals (tiles) to make the flower, but I had to make 8. I just couldn't get it to come out any other way. Not sure if it was me or the instructions, but I was happy with the way it turned out. The lines you see on the background of the card were scored on the diagonal. The words are on dimensionals as are the top layers of the photo corner punches. The paper used is the DSP Afternoon Tea (you can only order this though tomorrow, June 30) The card stock is Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi as is the ink.
Well I hope you enjoyed these projects. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cake and card. I love this idea. I will be looking up the directions when I get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed perusing your blog! You do great work!
You've been tagged - thought it would be fun!
Go to - http://denagriffin.blogspot.com
for the tag banner and directions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails