Friday, September 9, 2011

Joseph's Coat

The technique used on this card is called Joseph's coat and has been around for at least as long as I've been stamping and I'm sure probably before that.  I had forgotten about it and them came across a card that someone had done using this technique and thought it would be great with this set, Autumn Splendor.  I love how it turned out.  In the past I did this with a multicolor ink pad and a brayer, but since we don't have multifcolor pads anymore I thought I'd just do it with sponges.  If you've never done this before and would like to give it a try, here are the steps.

1. I used Whisper White cardstock, but you can use glossy cardstock as well.  Sponge different colors of ink randomly over the cardstock.
2. Stamp images in Versamark Ink and heat embossing with Clear Embossing Powder
3. Using a sponge or a brayer add your dark color.  I used Early Espresso Ink.
4. Buff your image with a kleenex to remove any ink on the embossed images.

Enjoy!
Renee

2 comments:

Wendy Zick said...

This card is spectacular! Thank you for giving the directions, I'm gonna have to try this.

Anonymous said...

The card is beautiful. Who would have thunk that the process would produce that result? I may have to try this. Thanks.

Bernie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails