Monday, September 10, 2012

Just Stuff...........

It feels like forever since I've blogged and I know my faithful blog followers probably feel that way too.  All I can say is I'm sorry and I would have much rather been blogging than going through all the stuff that our family has been going through lately.  I won't go into a lot of detail, but as you know my dad has been having radiation treatments for stomach cancer and those are finally done.   He still has testing to go through to see if it's completly gone, but we are hoping and praying that this has taken care of it.   He if feeling pretty good for the most part.  Daddy is a strong man and lives and loves life so that I believe has been a help to him.  My mom has been ill and even had a short stay in the hospital and that is all I'm going to really say.  It's been a tough battle for her and for our entire family and we covet your prayers to get her back to feeling like herself again.  My aunt has also been sick with her usual problems as well so the last few weeks are not ones that I want to relive again.

Today I finally got into my stamp room and tried to put a card out.  It's hard when you have so much on your mind and feel drained emotionally and mentally it's hard to get at even stuff you enjoy.  Anyway here is the card I have for you today.

I used the new Snowflurry bigz die and the piece of light weight cardboard that comes with the die to make this snowflake.  I sponged on some of the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad and then some Silver Foil Smooch Spritz to the die.  The stamp set I used is Joyous Celebrations and the embossing came from the Holiday Frame embossing folder.

Another thing that a lot of you know I do is cake decorating and two weeks ago I had a wedding cake to make.  Things starte our well and I was actually ahead of schedule with it, but for the first time in my 23 yrs. of making wedding cakes this is my first accident.  Here is how the cake looked at my house when it was done.

Then we delivered it about 45 minutes away from here and this is what it looked like.



I didn't get a picture of it in the van where the layers had slid forward, but this was basically what I had to fix.  I was absolutely sick to my stomach when I saw it and Frank (who may have been driving a little too fast and may have been told several times to slow down) looked like he did on our wedding day as he stood in front of the church.  Yes, I thought he was going to throw up.  I was good though and didn't holler or anything.  I just wanted to fix it and with the help of our daughter Brooke and my sister Michele who brought me stuff for a major repair we got it done.  I had only taken things for minor repairs with me.  It's all I've ever needed.

Here is what it looked like after the repairs and with the cake topper.  This topper was a little different than I'm used to and I hadn't seen it beforehand so that left me with a little challenge as well.  Probably doesn't look too bad to the average person, but definitely not my usual work.


So that's a little of my life for the past few weeks.
Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Wendy Zick said...

Hugs, sweet friend. Hope things settle down for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails