Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop November 2020

 


Welcome to my blog and also the Home Decor SU Style November blog hop.  It's been a little bit since I've hopped with Sara and the lovely ladies of this group, but I'm happy to be here this month.  I love to make framed or hangable art for my home and especially at Christmas time.  I usually do a class for a framed piece each year and my customers look forward to it, so that is what I chose for my project this month.

I used a piece of masonite board to make my project on.  I covered the board with a piece of the Poinsettia Place DSP and framed it in with Silver Foil paper cut into 1/4" strips.  I cut the poinsettias using the Poinsettia dies, as well as the rest of the pieces of this project. The word J O Y was cut using the Playful Alphabet dies.  I cut four sets of them and stacked the letters together using the Multipurpose Glue, to give them more dimension.  I used the adhesives listed below, but when I attached the flowers and leave I did use hot glue as I want this to hold up well for years to come since the centers of the flowers are a bit heavier.


I apologize for the bad lighting.  I tried to take it in the evening and thought today might be better, but alas in Michigan you get what you get and I don't have any fancy lighting for taking pictures. 


Here is an up close shot of the poinsettias.  This stamp set and die bundle is so, so pretty and something I've been waiting for Stampin'Up! to come out with for years. 



 You can find all the items I used on the project in the list below.  You can also follow the hop from that list below as well.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
Blessings,
Renee






Product List

3 comments:

Sara Levin said...

Renee, your sign is so pretty! It would be lovely hanging anywhere.

Carin said...

Pretty! Pretty!

Anna said...

Beautiful! That could be displayed all year round! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails