Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New take on old punch

I had an idea the other night for this card. You know, they hit you at the oddest times and places and you're glad people aren't reading your mind, but when creativity strikes............So yesterday I finally put it to paper. I used the 5 petal flower punch that SU has had out for awhile now and punched it out. Then I took the guard off of the ticket corner punch and used it on the tips of the 5 petal flower, like this.....





I then layered two flowers together. The middle flower is punched using the Boho Blossoms punch. I used the White Signo gel pen to add the dots. The leaves are the 5 petal flower punch cut. I used the Stem Sayings for the stems. The scallop edge punch was used for the bottom of the card. That punch will be available August 11. Colors used here are Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Whisper White (Apricot Appeal ink w/Canvas background) Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon. The main flowers are up on dimensionals as are the middles.



Have a great day and stamp a little!
Renee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way too cute:) Don't ya just love it when inspiration hits?

Anonymous said...

Your card is really neat and cute. Everytime I see something you make it inspires me to add things to my wish list, like lots more colors of cardstock for one.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Absolute brilliance! Love the look you got. Thank you so much for sharing how to do it. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails