Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Salt Lake City Here We Are!

We arrived in SLC yesterday late yesterday afternoon. It's very hot, but the humidity isn't too bad. Only 10% this morning. I don't even think on a good Michigan day we ever have it that low.

Our hotel is beautiful and we slept great last night. How could we not? We were so exhausted and remember it's 2 hrs. behind Michigan here. We ate supper at 8:00 pm here so that is 10:00 to my head. The flight and everything was uneventful, but when we arrived at our hotel guess what? The cr. card we had used to hold our room had been compromised and we didn't know it. You know how they say to only travel with one credit card? Not happening to me again. The hotel was very good and didn't throw us out on our butts.LOL I did a little juggling of checking account funds (they let me use their computer at the front desk) and we should be able to stay the week. LOL The real problem was that the hotel needs to put an additional $500 hold on your card for incidentals--in case Frank breaks something or eats from the stocked snacks and drinks they have in the room and you know how he likes to eat. I don't think so at $2.50 for a small bag of M & M's. LOL He's headed out now to a Rite Aid to buy some cheaper snacks and I sure hope he finds me that diet pepsi. I didn't even have one yesterday. Can you believe it?

I need to look at it as all a part of the plan God has for us. Maybe God doesn't really like credit cards after all. Do you think? LOL Anyway I'm going to look at it like my sister Carin said on
her blog today. It's a small thing. Right Carrie Boo?

Ok, I need to get into the shower and get ready to go pick up that catalog. I will post some actual pictures and stuff later tonight. Please drop me an email or post here if you have questions or just to let me know you stopped by. I can't wait to share some actual news with you.

Blessings,
Renee

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Renee,

It must be great to finally be there. The stress from the CC will pass with all of the fun things that you will be doing and learning so that you can come back and teach all of us. Have a GREAT time. By the way. I love that Monkey too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting there. Sorry to hear about the CC. I can't wait to see pics of the new catty. Have fun and think of us often.

ruth said...

Have a wonderful time! If you meet a SU gal named Lyn(da) Pacini give her a hug for me. She's a dear friend from Wilmington, NC. :) I linked her to your site and told her to find you. Haha!!! Wouldn't it be cool if you somehow met amongst the thousands of demos there?

Have fun and don't drink the $5 bottle of water! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails