Monday, October 25, 2010

Upsy Daisy Sympathy Cards

A man from my hometown passed away this week.  His wife was my bus driver all through jr/hi school and his sister is one of my customers and my mom and dad have known the family for years so I really needed to get a couple of cards made.  I tend to not have sympathy cards on hand.  Not that I'm superstitious by any means, it just seems creepy/weird to have them on hand.  I know, I'm weird and it's something I probably should get over.  Anyway I saw a card somewhere that had used the Upsy Daisy set on this Woodland Walk DSP and wanted to give it a try.  I stamped first in Versamark ink and then in Early Espresso so that I could heat emboss.  Well guess what?  No clear embossing powder to be found.  I know I've had some, but haven't seen it since the move back into the house.  Hard telling what happened to it.  So I took my Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder and used that.  That's a little chunkier powder and a lot of it blew away as I heated it.  The card on the left looks like dew drops on the flowers, which is a neat look.  Then I took and heated the paper from the bottom and got a much nicer coverage.  Guess what's going on my next order.  How can I not have something so basic as clear embossing powder?  The words I used on the inside and out are from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.  Guess I better get these in the mail and then I probably should make a couple more for just in case I might need some sympathy cards again.

Hope you are having a blessed day!
Renee

2 comments:

Shar said...

Very pretty cards.

Karen beavers said...

Very nice cards. Like the colors thanks as always for sharing with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails