Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dasher, Dasher




Isn't this just the cutest? I've wanted to do something with this adorable Decor Element the minute I got it, but wasn't quite sure what since it is pretty good size. I had looked for a glass picture frame, but nothing I really liked in that department without spending a fortune so when I saw the idea that fellow demonstrator Janet Wakeland had posted to our faith based demonstrator group, I knew instantly that was it. And besides I had the wreath stand to boot and I had just taken down my fall wreath and really didn't have a Christmas wreath to replace it with (that fire thing again) So this worked out fantabulous, if I do say so myself. I bought a artist canvas at Walmart, painted it with some white acrylic paint and added some dry brush brown colors to make it look aged. Applied the Dasher Decor Element (Level 2 hostess item) and some rhinestone brads in the snowflakes and a red rhinestone brad for the nose. The the glitter on the bottom (sprinkled on while paint was wet) and then outlined with the Monomulti adhesive a few of the swirls and added glitter there as well. I still thought it needed something else and so did Brooke when she looked at it. She said, "mom it needs some word." So taking her artistic thought along with mine I added the NOEL from the Decor Elements Holiday Mix in the Holiday Mini Catalog. Tied Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (did I say that this ribbon is wonderful an so soft?) and the added the Chocolate corduroy buttons to attach the ribbon. Oh and Frank drilled the holes in the top of the canvas for me. I'm just lovin' it. It actually looks like it could have been bought in a high end store. IMO of course. Thanks for stopping by and thanks to Jan for the idea.

Blessings,
Renee
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails