Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Tutorial of Sorts

I had promised that I would show how the little mini album HERE was made and I finally got around to taking some pictures and making a tutorial of sorts.  Compared to a lot of them on the web, this is quite pathetic, but I hope you can understand what I did.

Take one sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock and score at 3", 6", 9" going in both directions.
Then as you can see here cut up to the 3" score as shown in the photo below.

Now this might be a little confusing to show in just a picture as opposed to video, but starting at one corner, fold accordian style as shown below.  You should end up with a stack that is 3" square.
These are the pieces you will need for your covers.  I used a cereal box, but any cardboard will work.  A lot of times I save the cardboard that comes in the packet of DSP.  Your DSP should be cut at 4" and your covers 3".
Mittering your corners will give you nice corners on your album as shown below.
Glue your covers to the folded book pages.  After you have glued the front and back covers you will need to go and adhere two pages together throughout the book to make it into pages.  I hope that makes sense.  Once you get it to this point I'm sure it will make sense, if not email me and let me know and I'll try to explain better.  You can adhere your ribbon onto the book before the covers go on as in the first one I showed you or you can adhere after and it will go on the outside of your book.  Either way is fine.
I decorated this one using the Hostess Only set called Picnic Parade.  This set is available as a hostess choice for a workshop party total of $300 and is in the Occasions Mini Catalog, so it will only be available until April 30, 2010.  Why not book a party and you can earn this cute stamp set in either wood mount or clear mount for free.  Call me today! (989) 453-3267

So that's it.  Like I said not a real great tutorial, but I hope you get the idea.  If you make one, post on your blog and please let me know or if you don't have a blog, send me a picture.  I would love to see what you come up with.

Blessings,
Renee

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the project!

Tutorial was great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails