Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Finally Some Projects

Seems like forever since I shared projects with you.  I'm really sorry.  Much of the same old story as to why not, but guess what folks?  I'm learning to say NO!!! And I'm learning it's ok.  I'm a fixer by nature and I am killing myself trying to fix and make everyone happy.  Can't do it anymore.  I'm learning that what I do will never be enough for some people and Renee is becoming more unhappy and that is NOT who I am.  There I've confessed it.  Can you all do me a favor and keep me accountable?  If you see I'm not posting on here.  Drop me an email. ibecakes@airadv.net and tell me you are missing my posts.  I truly believe my God given talent is to share the joy I receive from creating and I need to be more faithful to Him and do that.  It's what He's called me to do.  I love to craft and more importantly I love to share what I craft so keep me accountable..... PLEASE!!!  I will so appreciate it.

Now onto a couple of projects.  These were the make and takes at last weekends workshop.

I know it's hard to see in the photo, but the Bold Snowflake stamp (132338) $5.95 is stamped and embossed in Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  It really sparkles.  Maybe if I had a better camera?  Hint, hint to my family.  LOL!  It was then punched out with the Blossom punch.  Cool huh?  Another great use for that punch.  I first inked the stamp up with Versamark ink and then immediately inked it in Pretty in Pink and then stamped.  By inking with the Versamark it makes the ink wet longer and then you can embossed with embossing powder.  I love this technique.  You can emboss in any color this way.  The embossing folder used is the Northern Flurry which happens to be on sale through November 28 for $5.96.  That's a great deal.

This card is made using the stamp set from the Holiday mini catalog called Evergreen.  You would not believe how easy this card was to make.  I stamped the middle tree in Old Olive and then stamped again without reinking two more times to the left.  I then inked it up again and stamped it off on scratch paper and then proceeded to stamp two more times to the right without reinking.  Added my greeting from the set Delightful Dozen in Cherry Cobbler.  For a little sparkle I used the Dazzling Details on the center tree.  So easy.  You could create a bunch of these in no time.  I must confess that this idea wasn't my own.  I found it on Pintrest and is from fellow demonstrator Debbie Henderson.  I changed mine up a bit by adding the sparkle and the layer of Old Olive cardstock.

Well I hope you enjoyed these and will stop back again.
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails