Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

I can't believe it's been since before New Year's that I posted last.  Time goes so fast.  We've had a few things going on.  My sister Michele's fiance Rick was diagnosed with colon cancer just before Christmas and it was a big shock for all of us.  He's only 43 years old and very healthy so it came as a big blow.  He had surgery last Friday and they removed 18" of his colon and a tumor the size of a softball.  He is now home and doing well, but waiting for the path report.  Doctor didn't think that it looked like it had spread anywhere, but we won't know for sure until the report comes back then they will proceed as needed with any more treatment.  Just as a little side note and to give God the praise in all of this I would like to share a little more about their story. They met on line on of all places www.farmersonly.com.  They met in March of this past year on line, he moved here (Michigan) from Nevada in late April.  They hit it off and as they say the rest is history.  It all seems so strange, but knowing now what we know is that God brought them together to save Rick's life.  We are sure of that.  You see he never would have gone to the doctor had she not encouraged/made him go.  He had only recently been having some stomach problems and thought maybe it was an ulcer.  The doctor said another 2 months and he would have had a rupture and died.  The Lord indeed works in mysterious ways.  We are praying for a good report

Ok, on to some creating.  I haven't done much since Christmas Eve.  I was tired and needed a little break I guess and besides that we have been experiencing such cold temps that it's hard to want to come to my stamp room in the basement.  It has heat and I have a small heater as well, but it's been so frigid with the temps in single digits and the windchills in the minus.  Yes, it was -31º just yesterday.  Brrrr.............  Today is warmer at 12º, the roads have been plowed and it looks like schools will be open for the first time this year.  I won't even get started on the amount of snow.  So anyway I came to the stamp room today and finished this wreath that I had started about a week ago.

This is a new kit that is available in the new Occasions Catalog.  You can find this kit HERE.  I will be offering a class to make this kit here at my home so if you are local and interested in attending drop me a message and let me know.  Everything you see here comes in the kit except that I added some Pistachio Pudding leaves.  Oh and you'll need a glue gun as well.  This kit is so simple even a beginner would have no problems with this.  Not local?  You can still order this kit from my website. This kit comes with directions as well.
 
Well hopefully this will get me back into the swing of things.  Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails