Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Scrap It Up! Day 1

Did you notice the new look to the blog?  Not exactly how I'd like it, but it will do for now until I get time to work on it again.  As promised I'm bringing you Day 1 of what I'm calling Scrap It Up!  Here is the box that I'm working from.

This is actually one of the boxes that I'm starting with.  I'm starting with it because it is the biggest one.  I'm looking through the box and finding something that I've punched, stamped or cut out and I just can't bring myself to throw it away because I'm sure there is something that can be done with it.
 
This is the first card I'd like to share.
 


This card started with the Hello Friend piece that had been stamped crooked on a piece of Tangerine Tango.  I used a banner from the the Thinlets Circle Card Die to cut it out straight.  The Hello Friend is from the stamp set Peachy Keen.  I love the stamp set that I used for the focal point on this card.  It's from Timeless Talk.  It is one of the first sets I purchased after the new catalog came out.  This was stamped on a scrap as well.  The Pool Party piece is a piece of Core'dinations cardstock that was leftover from a make and take.  I ran it through the Alphabet Press embossing folder and used a sanding block to give it that aged looked.  I love the color combo on this card...Tangerine Tango, Pool Party and Early Espresso.  The ribbon is Pumpkin Pie, but it cooridnates so well.
 
I hope I've inspired you to look at your scrap pile a little different.  Tune in tomorrow for another Scrap It Up! project.
 
Blessings,
Renee

2 comments:

myrna said...

I have a box too with scraps to use up youve given me some enthusiasm now to get the energy.

Carin said...

Likey! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails