Thursday, August 10, 2017

“OSAT Blog Hop - Kids”

Hi there blog hoppers!!!  Can you believe we are already into August?  I hate how fast summer goes.  I could only wish that winter went as fast.  I'm still trying to enjoy the last month of summer as much as I can.  I really hate when stores first bring out the school supplies.   July is way to early in my opinion.  Even though I no longer have kids in school, I still don't like the thoughts of carefree summer days coming to an end.  I do like school supplies though and can't help but pick up a few things here and there.  I'm still a kid at heart.  Speaking of kids that is our theme this month for the OSAT blog hop.  I decided to go with the school theme for my projects this month.  Let's get started shall we?


This card came together rather quickly as soon as I figured out what I wanted to make.  I wanted to try out the new Pinewood Planks embossing folder that came on Monday.  It really is an awesome folder and will be good for adding texture to many projects.  I used the Sweet and Sassy Framelits to make the time of my pencil.  Picture and upside down heart if you will.  I used the 1-3/4" circle punch to make the eraser and then trimmed it straight on the sides to make it even with the pencil shaft.  I used a piece of Silver Foil paper and made the score lines with my Stampin' Trimmer.  I then finished it off with the words from the Happy Celebrations.  Since I don't have any real "kid" type DSP I decided to stamp the background of the card with pieces from the Bike Ride set.  This set is so cute!!!  I randomly stamped it with Bermuda Bay ink and then layered onto a Basic Black card base.

For my 3D project I pulled some pencils from my pencil stash, put them in a celllo bag and added a topper.  This time I stamped the same pieces onto Very Vanilla cardstock and used the matching framelits to cut them out. Tied a piece of the Double Stitched Cherry Cobbler ribbon and then stamped the year with the Labeler Alphabet stamp set.  Oh and the piece of Crushed Curry was ran through the same embossing folder as well.  I stamped first of course. 😏  Well ok I did on my second piece.  LOL!




Thanks for stopping by and be sure to click on the next button to visit the fabulous Anna Smith's blog.  I'm sure she has some amazing projects to share as well.
  1. Renee Ondrajka YOU ARE HERE
  2. Anna Smith
  3. Dena Rekow
  4. Andrea Tracy-Tucker
  5. Kelly Acheson
  6. Lisa Altman
  7. Rick Adkins
  8. Product List
    Big Shot
    [143263]
    $110.00

6 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Very cute! Great use of the Bike Ride set!

Jessie Holton said...

Very creative! xx

Jenny Hall said...

Love it, Renee! The pencil works so well in your design. Bonus smiles for your creativity :-)

Pam Braithwaite said...

Hey, Renee, both the card and the 3-D project are so cute! I like the idea of putting pencils in the cello bag. And the card with the pencil looks hard to make but your explanation sounds like it may not be too hard after all. Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

I love the pencil theme! Cute!

Carin said...

Fabulous! I likey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails