Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, New Start

Happy New Year!!!!  It's a new year and a new start or so it seems.  I will admit that 2017 was not one of the better years, but by God's great grace we got through much sadness this past year.  Of course there were good times as well, but those great losses are hard to take.  While we don't know what the year holds for any of us (would we really want to know?) we can rest assured we know who holds the future.

I'm not one to make resolutions so to speak, but I do try and set goals for myself.  I've decided I'm going to try and find more JOY in the everyday life.  JOY seems to be a word that has been popping up a lot the last few weeks so that is a goal of mine..........to find more JOY.  Life is short as we've learned this last year with some great losses, so lets find the JOY in as much as we can.  I've also made it my goal to do a few other things.  I'm going to list them in not any particular order and they may seem silly, but in all reality I think they are good or at least they will be for me.

1) I'm going to wear the good underwear first.  Yeah, do you ever save the best underwear for later in the week?  I know I do.  Why? I have no idea, but I do. You know I may not make it to the end of the week so why not wear the best when you can.
2) I'm going to use my good dishes whenever I want, not just for special occasions.  Use your pretty stuff that makes you happy and brings a smile to your face.  That favorite bowl from your grandma or the pretty plates you received as a gift.  It's ok, there's no "good dishes" police. ;)
3) I'm going to use my markers, my gel pens, that favorite designer series paper.  It will be ok, you can always buy more if you use it up.
4) I'm going to take time for myself even if that means I have to say no to someone else and what they need from me.  I need to take better care of myself.  After all I want to be around for awhile and I really don't want to die from stress.  Stress is not my friend and it does wacky things to my body and my mind.
5) I want to try and spend more time with those who really want to spend more time with me and not waste time on social media reading about all the problems I can't get involved in or solve.  Not that I don't care about things, but if you don't get what I'm saying, then reread number four.  My life is made up of more than politics and what is happening in pop culture.  Again this can go back to the first part where I said I know who holds the future.
6) And last, but certainly not least is I'm going to not only create, but I'm going to make a point to blog about my creating.  I used to be so much better at doing this and I was a regular blogger, but somehow I've let that slide too.  Well no more, it's time to blog.

Well, those are just a few of the things that I want to work on this year and I may think of more and if I do I will share with you, if that's ok?

Now to show you my first creation for 2018.  It is my card I'm sending out to those that I owed a card to in my Stampin' Survivor group.  I had Ashley and made it to the final six this go around.

I'm sure if you know me at all, that you knew the first thing I would order from the new Occasions Catalog 2018 would be the Hedgehugs stamp set.  The Occasions catalog goes live tomorrow.  What are you going to order?  You can order from my website at www.reneeond.stampinup.net or you can always contact me directly to place your order.  You will find my contact info by visiting my website that I just shared.

Well I hope you've made it to the end of this rather long post.  I promise they will not all be this long, but I won't promise that now and then they may be.  We'll just see where this year takes us and I hope you will travel along with me.

Many blessings to you in this new year!
Renee


4 comments:

Dianne said...

Many blessings to you in 2018 Renee. I believe God blesses a hopeful heart! Praying for daily manna for you and an abundance of JOY!

Carin said...

Nice! It isn't just about finding joy but spreading joy too... you do that thru your creating & sharing! ❤️

BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.fr said...

SUPERBE

Unknown said...

Renne, You're resolutions are actually words of wisdom that we should ALL TRY TO LIVE BY! You are such a sweet, kind, and lovely lady, that YES, should enjoy using those special plates, because EVERY DAY that we have to share with those we love, or just to be here is a gift. Thank you for the very well put, and spot on reminder. I too don't remember to say no often enough, and as much as I want to help anyone and everyone, it just is not possible to do daily AND still be fully present at home, let alone with less stress so that my loved ones have as much of me as they deserve, and that I want to give to them. May 2018 be a year full of blessings, big and small! GOD does know that you have a heart that is so big, and you live a life that blesses so many, including someone like myself who lives FAR away, yet smiles and says a prayer of thanks and gratitude that I have the ability to be touched by your art, your words, and your loving personality that shines through here. Loving hugs ~ Barbara : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails