Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop September 2018


Welcome to my stop on the Home Decor SU Style blog hop. I wasn't sure if I had the time to hop this month, but then one of my friends on the hop did a little reminder nudge this morning and well..........what could I do?  I'm a people pleaser so I got busy and came up with something using something I had on my desk that I wanted to make for myself anyway.  Kill two birds with one stone, I say.  It's fall, but the weather here in Michigan sure doesn't feel like it.  In fact when I get done with this post I'm going to take advantage of using our pool.  It's unusual for it to still be warm in Michigan and with it being warm I don't feel like hauling out my fall decorations so I figured I'd make another one to add to the many that I have.  I actually decorate as much for fall as I do Christmas.



I liked this frame when I found it at Walmart, because it has wood grain to it and also silver.  That's why I thought it would be great for the Country Home stamp set. I wanted it to look a little more worn so I wiped on some Whisper White Craft ink with just a kleenex.  I used three different embossing folders on this project and you should be able to see them better in the next picture.


I used the Tin Tile, Basket Weave and the Tufted since I feel these really give a more country look.  Unfortunately this stamp set does not have framelits to cut out the pieces so everything is fussy hand cut, but I don't find it hard to do that.  You just need to remember to move your paper and not your scissors when cutting and you most generally can get a good cut.  I think that leaving a little white edge gives it a better look as well.  I colored in the images with the Stampin' Blends.  To finish off the frame I used Tear & Tape and adhered the beautiful Velvet Ribbon in Rich Razzleberry, mitering the corners to give it a more finished look.  I then added a three loop bow made from the Braided Linen Trim from the Holiday catalog.  I hope you've enjoyed your stop and will continue on the hop by clicking on the next person below.



Blessings,
Renee




Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

5 comments:

Crafty Little Miss K said...

Love your frame, esoecially how you added the ribbon, I want to try a sampler now! 😆 Thanks for sharing

Angélique said...

Just love your frame!
Thanks so much for hopping with us.

Anna said...

That frame was perfect to show off your project - beautiful finish with the velvet ribbon!

Carin said...

Gorgeous!

Mary Ann said...

I love it! What size frame was that? Thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails