Monday, June 9, 2014

She Believed She Could

How was your weekend?  The weather was beautiful here and for the most part the weekend was relaxing.  I was able to spend a little time in the stamp room, which is always good.

I want to share with you today something I've made for my daughter to have in her new office.  She recently moved up a step in her job and is now a case worker at the Department of Human Resources for the State of Michigan and she has her own office.  I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished in the last 25 years.  She is an amazing daughter and a very hard worker.  Looking back I'm reminded of when she was in the 3rd grade and was struggling with school.  The school psychologist for our area gave us the advice that she was behind and that we should put in her special education because she was never going to catch up.  Really?  Well as you can expect, we put that thought out of our heads and moved on.  As a parent, who had always been involved with my children's education, I stepped it up a notch and also made her step it up as well.  She graduated from high school with excellent grades and in fact was her class vice president one year, class president her junior year and the student council president her senior year.  When she gave her speech at graduation she spoke with such maturity that I had one of her former teachers tell me that her speech was better than the valedictorian's and salutatorian's that year.  She followed high school with college and is now in her present position.  As I said before I am so proud of her and I'm extremely proud to say she's my daughter.  I love you my sweet girl and I know you will go far.  Congratulations on your new job!

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Renee

PS  This is called a block card.  It can fold flat to be a card or stand up as a 3D item.  It's quite easy to make and I'll be teaching it in a future class.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Carin said...

God has shined down on lil' Linds, & He is shining thru her too! So proud of her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails