Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Well, it's Wednesday!

We are half way to the weekend.  I don't have anything in particular planned, but the weather is suppose to be a little warmer and sunnier for the weekend and I'm looking forward to that.  We've been in the 60's the last couple of days and that is just too cool for even Michigan in July.

I've sort of been just trying to take care of somethings this week that I've been putting off for when things would slow down and the counters in my stamp room are actually pretty clear of clutter now.  Stampin'Up!'s convention is starting tomorrow and of course I'm feeling left out since I couldn't go this year.  :(  Last year was awesome, but I think every SU convention is awesome so I'm a little envious of all the fun my SU demo friends are going to have this week.  I'll be hanging onto every little bit of info they are allowed to share and stalking blogs and Facebook.

Well, ok, that is enough whining.  You came to here to see a project or two and that is what I intend to show you.  The first one is something that I made for display at my new catalog open house.

 This frame was so much fun to make and actually it was very easy and took very little time to make.  It is just a cheap frame I purchased at either Walmart or Dollar General, can't remember where.  I covered the mat that came with it in the new Typeset DSP.  I then stamped the train, globe and ship from the new set Traveler.  The last thing was to stamp the sentiment from Really Good Greetings over the globe.  The globe was stamped off once before I stamped it on the project.  This way it made it a little lighter and helped the words to be more prominent.  This would make a really nice gift, but I'm not sure if I can give it away. LOL!
This little goody was made using the French Fry Bigz L die.  This is such a cute and easy to put together die.  Years ago when I first started with Stampin'Up! I use to trace and cut out little boxes like this from McDonald's and I'd have that be part of the make and take.  Now that we have this die I can let everyone cut their own box and it will take no time at all.  The color here are Lost Lagoon.  I added some malted milk balls to our little cello bags and I've got a cute little gift for someone special.
 
Once again, thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails