Thursday, April 14, 2022

OSAT Blog Hop Just Blend It

 

Welcome to the One Stamp At A Time blog hop.  This month's theme was really fun!  Just Blend It could mean so many different things and this is where my mind went to.  I wanted to create a One Sheet Wonder to make my projects from and I used the amazing Blending Brushes.  Have you used these yet?  They are so soft and feel so good in your hand, that I say, "what's there not to love about these brushes?".  

So lets get started.  I took an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of Basic White cardstock and started to BLEND my background.  I chose the five In Colors that will soon be retiring for my color scheme.  No real rhymn nor reason as to where the colors went.  I just let me eye guide me and swirled color until I was happy.  I used four of the five colors to make my background and then I chose the last color to stamp the images.  I thought it was a great way to show how well these colors go together.
I had forgotten to take a pic before I started to cut, but this is probably better anyway.  You can see how I cut cardstock into pieces if you look closely.  My card layer was cut 4" x 5-1/4" and then layered onto the Magenta Madness folded card. 
I punched out an extra deer and layered it on top of the deer already stamped and popped it up on dimensionals.  I hand cut out a little fox and did the same with it.  I then made this a double BLEND card by using the light and dark Cinnamon Cider Blends combo pack.  I used the soon to be retiring Tailored Tag punch for my sentiment and punched an extra one in Misty Moonlight to layer behind the Basic White.  I cut the Misty Moonlight punched piece down the middle and then added it to the top and bottom using Stampin' Seal to attach them.  All the dimensionals I used were the Mini ones.  This card just felt like it was too petite to use the big ones.  Lastly I wrapped around some twine from the retiring Flowers for Every Season ribbon pack and some Artistry Blooms Sequins as a finishing touch.
I took the largest piece from my One Sheet Wonder and I traced a pillow gift box that I had received a gift card for my birthday in, from my daughter Brooke.  I put the gift card in my purse and I knew I couldn't just throw that holder away so I opened it up and traced it onto the back of my stamp piece and cut it out.  With the die cutting machines so accessible now, it's been awhile since I just traced something and cut it out.  It was super easy and fun to do.  I tied on some Polished Pink ribbon and made a tag using the Label me Fancy punch.  I used the Happy Easter from the adorable Easter Friends stamp set.  This makes a great little box to put another gift card in or some candy for a special someone.
As you can see here, this picture was taken before I decided to add the Artistry Sequins and I didn't retake the photo.  I was having computer picture uploading issues so I took what I had. 😉  I'm so glad you stopped by today and I hope you've enjoyed my BLENDING projects. Please be sure and continue on the hop by clicking on the next name below.
Blessings,
Renee











Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

4 comments:

Carin said...

Great ideas & all super cute too!

Mikaela Titheridge, The Crafty oINK Pen said...

Such cute projects. I don't own either of these stamp sets and now wonder why x

Create With Christy said...

These are adorable, Renee! I love your blended background, too!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Your blended paper with the animals makes a wonderful print for a sweet little Easter treasure!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails