Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vintage Santa

Are you getting the hint that I'm really liking the vintage stuff that Stampin'Up! is offering now?  I can't help myself.  I guess I'm an old fashion girl.  Now I said old fashion, not just "old". *grin*

This is another easy card.  I've really been trying to concentrate on that for Christmas cards to give you ideas that can be duplicated in large quantities.  Here I'm showing you how you can even save paper doing it.  I punched out the Decorative label piece from behind where Santa will be mounted.  No one will ever know.



See what I mean?  I then used that piece for my saying.  To make the layer I punched 2 Cherry Cobbler pieces, cut in half opposite ways and then pieced it around the the DSP piece.  Makes it look like a layer for this new punch (120907) Decorative Label $16.95.  I even added some Chunky Essentials White Glitter to the ball of his hat. (108797) set of 4 Red, White, Silver & Black $15.95.

If you need any more details, please feel free to contact me.
Blessings,
Renee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute card and GREAT tip!

Candace said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the idea of punching out before mounting. I can't picture the punch layes in my head, but will definitely try it out soon.

The Country Rose said...

I always forget to punch out parts that will be hidden. Thanks for the reminder! Your card is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute card. Did you you Cherry Cobbler for the red?
Bernie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails