Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall Wall Hanging

Fall! Yes, I think it’s arrived here in Michigan and practically overnight. Last week we were dealing with 90+ temps and today……….well in the 60’s. As they say, if you don’t like Michigan weather wait 5 minutes and you might. *grin*.


Well Frank is gone to some schooling for his job. We like to call it John Deere University, but really I don’t think it’s called that. Ok, I know it’s not, just my attempt at humor. Anyway with him gone I can stamp and do what I want and not have to worry about the regular routine so I took some extra time yesterday and made this wall hanging. You will remember this one HERE that the kids made in VBS and I had a few of the boards left and decided to make something a “little nicer” with them. Well maybe not nicer, but more grown-up.

I covered the board with the absolutely beautiful Autumn Spice Specialty DSP. What makes it Special you ask? It’s actually thicker than the regular DSP and is more like cardstock and has a bit of a texture to it. I adhered the paper using some rubber cement. I had it from VBS and learned that rubber cement won’t make your paper bubble when you use it. The rest of the papers I used Snail adhesive. The letters were cut with the Big Shot. I stamped the leaves from the Day of Gratitude set and cut out and adhered them with a dimensional and covered with Crystal Effects. I love how the CE made them curl up slightly and gave them more dimension. The used the leave stamp again for the Pear Pizzazz background and stamped in the same color. Added my ribbon and it was done.  Here's a close up shot.



Blessings,
Renee

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Renee, your wall hanging looks beautiful! The more I see this DSP, the more I love it. Lovely idea cutting out the leaves, and using the Crystal Effects on top. I do enjoy looking at all of your art work! : )

Cindy Major said...

what a pretty wall hanging! This would make a really great class project!

Cindy :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee, I visit your blog almost daily but never leave a comment. Guess I just didn't realize you all that have blogs really want comments.I love your work and projects. Keep on blogging! I'm in Kansas, but a former Michigan Yooper.
Carolyn Kuntz

lynns said...

Beautiful wall hanging. Glad you are keeping busy.

EmilyB said...

ooh! so pretty! WHY haven't I purchased a letter die yet for my Big Shot???

Carin said...

I luv this Na... I want to make one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails